This website is owned and run by MY FASHIONMALL (“we”, “our”, “us”), part of MY FASHIONMALL. If we use the term “our Group”, this means us and our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (or any of them). The term “our online services” refers to MY FASHIONMALL, our mobile and tablet applications, our pages on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ and any other websites or apps we own or run from time to time. The term “our services” refers to our online services and any of our other products and services, such as PORTER magazine, offered from time to time. If you use any of our services, we will refer to you using the terms “user”, “visitor”, “you”, “your”, “yours” in this policy.
- What personal information do we collect from you and how?
- What about Cookies? What are cookies?
- How this information may be used
- Who we will share your personal information with
- Where we process your personal information
- Marketing opt-in and opt-out provisions
- How you can access your personal information and keep it up to date
- Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
- Why we link to other websites
- How we can make changes to this policy
- Where and how to ask questions or contact us about this policy
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.myfashionmall.com.
- We process the personal data required to complete and dispatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive THE OUTNET News.
- If you register for a THE OUTNET account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your favourite designers and your marketing preferences.
- When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries. Calls to our Customer Care team and live chat messages can be recorded to ensure a high level of customer service to our clients, to enable the development of staff training and to manage queries, complaints or disputes.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www. theoutnet.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages. If you have registered for an account, we collect browsing data about your access to the dedicated areas of the website.
2.HOW THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Whenever you give us your personal information we will use it in accordance with applicable privacy laws and for the purposes set out in this policy, on the data entry forms you complete, in any relevant terms and conditions and on pages or emails which link to the data entry forms.
When you use our services:
If you use any of our services, register for or attend one of our events, set up, look at or change your account details or contact a member of our Customer Care Team, we will record your personal details. Your information will be used in the first place to provide the products, services or information you have asked for and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We keep the information you provide and may use it for several purposes, including: (i) accounting, billing, reporting and audit; (ii) credit checking or screening; (iii) authentication and identity checks; (iv) credit, debit or other payment card verification and screening; (v) debt collection; (vi) safety, security, health, training, administrative and legal purposes; (vii) data matching and dedupe, statistical and market analysis, and marketing information; (viii) advertising and marketing for us, our Group and third parties; (ix) developing, testing and maintaining systems; (x) studies, research and development; (xi) customer surveys; (xii) customer care and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences; (xiii) where required by law or in connection with legal proceeding or disputes; and (iv) any other uses set out in the terms and conditions for use of our services. For these purposes we may disclose your information to one or more of the other organisations listed in the section called “who we will share your personal information with”.
Saved payment card details will only be shared with our payment partner and not with any other third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner’s systems.
We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates, as detailed in the next section.
Tracking how our online services are used:
We collect, and use third parties to collect and share with us, information from visitors to our online services and analyse it to build up a picture of how people use our websites. This helps us improve the services we offer. We may also give anonymous statistics about visitors to other, reputable organisations, but the information we provide will not include details that would allow these organisations to identify you.